Happy FRY-day!

"David, if you don't mind, I'll take your place cooking lunch!?" I'm saying with a hopeful smile.


Well, because I love cooking; it's great for relief. And today being the Feast of the Sacred Heart ... it's a good day for an act of service =)

So into the kitchen it is. First things first: I open the cook book and start reading the inside back cover.



I start by cutting onions - they clean you out by making you cry, haha. Then it's olive oil in the pan! Fire, garlic, salt and pepper. Hmmm, yeah I need a few red peppers diced too.


"Hey, Father, whatcha cookin'?" asks Fred.


"Hello there. Ummm, Salmon fillets. What do you think?" I respond.


"Sounds -and smells- good, Father. But, wait, you're using a recipe? Isn't that a bit restrictive of your creativity?"


"It might be, on one condition, Fred ... If I hadn't written the recipe MYSELF."


*****


God would probably answer us the same way today, if we asked him about "fulfilling the Scriptures."


"Pierced for our offenses." / "Not a bone of it [the paschal Lamb] will be broken."


Why did God himself have to do what the Scriptures said? He didn't, rather, he wanted to. - He wrote the Scriptures!


The simple fact is that God is in control, not just of what you are doing today, but of what has happened to you in the past. Everything is in his hand ... so, in your life, just make sure to follow HIS recipe for happiness =)

No comments:

Post a Comment