(Gospel) Jesus shows who's in charge.
After the disciples fail to provide bread for thousands, Jesus works a miracle, hands them bread, and orders them to pass it out.
It's their first taste of glory. Each fresh loaf is pulled out of the basket by a disciple's rough hand and given freely to a hungry person - waiting - sitting on the grass. They probably met eye to eye. Maybe they exchanged smiles. I'm sure there were many moms overwhelmed with gratitude: "Thank you; thank you!" as they then turned to their hungry children.
Yet as soon as they finish feeding the multitudes, Jesus sends his disciples in a boat - into a storm. So that they could once again realize how little they are without him.
It's so easy, amidst the glory of working with the Lord, to forget that all the glory belongs to him. But as soon as you forget, expect a storm!
I live in the eye of the storm. I cannot escape the negativity, the stormy sea. I can find comfort in prayer, regain my confidence, and I stand up and try again, only to find myself in the eye of the storm again. It's not me; it's him. If you want someone to change, change yourself. I have changed, more than I ever dreamed I could, and with it came my deep love for my Faith and all it contains. It is my only refuge. I get so tired. Tired, tired, tired.
ReplyDelete