I wrote 3 articles putting Characterology into perspective - please check them out before continuing:
- My first "All About You" explains the existence of the 8 Temperaments.
- The second "Your Slice of Pie" showed the difference between Temperament and Character.
- And the last "Colorful You" named all 8 colorful temperaments, and showed why it matters to know which you are.
Before moving on, I might point out the fact that given ANY criteria, we could create divisions that would possible help us to understand ourselves better. In fact, there are simpler studies that divide the human temperaments into a mere 4 - and there are more complicated studies which divide them into 16.
There is no wrong way to understand the human person, as long as it works, however some divisions are surely more helpful than others. Let's invent a dumb example to get our point across.
If we proposed only 2 switches, namely: 1. Men/Women 2. Tall/Short. It's obvious that we would divide all humankind into 4 categories: 1. tall women 2. tall men 3. short women 4. short men. However, I highly doubt this division will be of true help for us to understand ourselves more in-depth.
As we go along, I'll be explaining each temperament in-depth, and offering tips on how to forge your character.
No comments:
Post a Comment