I might be dead tired and lacking sleep after running a camp for 55 kids under 11, but I am happy to begin preaching spiritual exercises to young men without a pause as long as souls are able to draw closer to God because of it.
It's all part of life: God promises to reward us, but doesn't take away the cross.
"Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it." (Gospel)
I already received 2 chocolate cakes and 1 cheesecake, a gift basket, a book, a shirt, "Happy Birthday" sung by 55 beautiful children, and a New York Classic hamburger from McDonalds (with a candle in it). No, I cannot complain - I have given up everything, and yet it seems I receive 100 fold in return, again and again. So many friends, so many hugs and wishes; I see it all as coming from God.

No comments:
Post a Comment